An International Award Recognizing Marching Show Bands Exhibiting World Class Standards of Excellence
1. To identify, recognize and honour outstanding marching show bands that exhibit world class excellence at the international level.
2. To establish and support international standards of excellence in musical performance, marching execution, choreography and show design for marching show bands.
1. The award is open to any marching show band in any country regardless of geographical location, religious, political belief, race, colour, or ethnic background.
2. Nominations will be received from any source at any time by the World Association of Marching Show Bands.
3. The selection will be made by a jury viewing video tapes submitted by the nominees. Only VHS tapes compatible to NTSC format are acceptable.4. The tape must be accompanied by: a) A properly executed nomination form.
b) A photograph of the director(s).
c) Photographs of the marching band from the previous three years.
d) Programs and press clippings (or copies) from the past three years. 5. The band director must have been incumbent in his or her position for the past three years, including the year of nomination.
6. A World Association of Marching Show Bands Award of Excellence recipient band may not be renominated for a period of three years.
7. The area of performance should be one that is accepted as a standard marching band facility in the home venue of the nominated band.
8. The performance should have taken place during the calendar year in which the tape is submitted. It must be a continuous tape of a single performance without editing. A specific tape may not be submitted more than once.
9. Nominations received by October 1st will be evaluated by the jury by the end of December of that same year. Awardees will be advised prompt-ly by first class mail.
10. There is no specific number of marching bands to be honoured each year. However, the highest standards of excellence will be in effect in the selection process.
11. Requests for Nomination forms, returned Nomination Forms, tapes and other materials should be sent to:
WAMSB Award of ExcellenceTelephone or Fax:
Suite 311, 7620 Elbow Drive S.W. Calgary, Alberta
T2H 2W1 CANADA
Website:12. Materials submitted will not be returned and by submitting them the World Association of Marching Show Bands is granted the privilege of using the materials in the publication of awards that are granted.
The World Association of Marching Show Bands Board of Directors appoints a Project Chair annually from a list of nominees presented by the Advisory Council members. The Project Chair works directly with the Executive Director to administer the Award of Excellence program.
1. The Jury will be nominated by the Project Chair and appointed by the World Association of Marching Show Bands Board of Directors.
2. The Jury will be composed of members of the World Association of Marching Show Bands who possess an international reputation in the marching band field.
3. No member of the Jury, the World Association of Marching Show Bands or other persons will receive any remuneration.
4. The Project Chair will supervise the activities of the Jury and will not vote except to break a tie.
Last updated: Friday, January 4th, 2008, 12:37:49.